Electronics & Communication Engineering
To establish global leadership in the field of Electronics & Communication Engineering and to develop competent human resources for providing service to society.
- To provide student with comprehensive knowledge for taking up challenges in the field of Electronics & Communication Engineering with a multi-disciplinary approach.
- To create an intellectually stimulating environment for research, industry interaction, creativity, innovation and professional activity.
- To foster relationship with renowned institutes of learning and research, alumni and industries in order to contribute to National and International development.
Established in 2008, the Department offers a 4-Year B.Tech. Degree programme . with the amassed academic strength, the department is progressing towards the establishment of laboratories equipped with modern and sophisticated equipment to provide advanced knowledge to students. Several students have been engaged in projects based on modern ideas and technology, led by the well qualified faculty. On the placement front, several students have been placed in industries attracting a growing awareness about the department and the institute at large. The department foresees an increased and specialized research strength in the days to come.
Program Educational Objectives
The following Program Educational Objectives are established for the Electronics & Communication Engineering:
- Pre-preparation: To prepare students with strong foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals that will enable them to have successful career in Core electronics, Telecommunication and IT Industries.
- Core Competence: To prepare students for rapid technological change with core Electronics and Communication Engineering domain knowledge.
- Breadth: To enable students to develop their knowledge and skills across the range of disciplines.
- Professionalism: To prepare students for soft skills with good communication, ethical values and ability to work in a team
- Learning Environment:To prepare students to strengthen their knowledge and skills through self-learning abilities throughout their professional career as well as to pursue higher education.
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, to model and analyse electronic systems.
- Problem Analysis: Demonstrate the ability to identify, formulate, analyse and solve engineering problems.
- Design/Development of Solutions: Demonstrate the ability to design a system components, or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety.
- Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Demonstrate the ability to design experiments, test electronic circuits and analyse and interpret data.
- Modern Tool Usage: Able to use modern engineering techniques, skills, and computing tools necessary for engineering practice.
- The Engineer and Society: Demonstrate to understand the impact of engineering solutions using contemporary technology in a global and societal, health, safety, legal issues.
- Environment and Sustainability: Able to work professionally in electronics and communication domain including the design and realization of such system to address social and environmental needs for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Demonstrate the understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Individual and Team Work: Demonstrate the ability to function as an individual, team member or leader in inter-disciplinary settings.
The Department is equipped with 10 labs, departmental computer centre, departmental library, classrooms with modern teaching aids and staff rooms.
The laboratories include the Basic Electrical & Electronics Engineering Lab, Analog Communication Lab, Electronic & Devices & Circuits Lab, Microprocessor & Microcontroller Lab, Microwave & Digital Communication Lab, ICA & HDL Simulation Lab, Pulse & Digital Circuits Lab, Analog Electronics Lab, Digital Signal Processing Lab & Computer Organization Lab
Microprocessor & Microcontroller Lab:
The microprocessor lab helps the students to gain a better understanding of 8086 microprocessors. Students are able to execute basic assembly language programs as well as interface ADC, DAC and stepper motor through various interface cards available in the lab.
Facilities: Intel 8086 Microprocessor kits with keyboards (10No’s), Intel 8051 Trainer Kits with Keyboards (10No’s), Serial Interface Cable (10No’s), and interfacing modules for 8086 Microprocessor like Stepper Motor (02No’s), 8-Channel 8-Bit Analog To Digital Converter (02No’s), Dual Digital To Analog Converter (02No’s), 8-Channel 8-Bit Analog To Digital Converter & Dual Digital To Analog Converter (02No’s), Programmable Peripheral Interface-8255(02No’s), Universal Synchronous/Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter-8251(02No’s), Traffic Light Controller (3No’s),
Real Time Clock / Tone Generator (3No’s), Elevator (2No’s), Static random-access memory&Dynamic random-access memory(2No’s) and Direct memory access Controller (1No’s), Interfacing Modules for 8051 Microcontroller likeLiquid Crystal Display(10No’s), Timer/Counter, UART & Interrupt (02No’s), and Matrix Keyboard (02No’s). 35 number of Intel Core I3 systems with 18" colour monitor, MASM open source assembler.
Digital Signal Processing Lab
The Digital Signal Processing Lab is based on MATLAB tools which are used to evaluate the effectiveness of Fast Fourier Transform algorithms in Discrete Fourier Transform implementation. We can also do the analysis of digital filter design of Finite Impulse Response and Infinite Impulse Response filters.
Facilities: 35 number of INTEL Core I3 processor-6100 CPU@ 3.75GHZ, 4GB RAM, 500 GB HDD systems with 18" color monitor, MATLAB R2015a licensed software with image processing tool box, 5 number of Embedded Target Board TMS 320C6713 DSP with code composer studio, (0-20)MHz Cathode Ray Oscilloscope(5 No’s), (0-100)KHz Function generators(5 No’s).
Basic Simulation Lab
Understanding of frequency and time domain analysis of linear dynamic systems and corresponding signals, finding the response of continuous- and discrete-time linear systems via simulation using MATLAB.
Facilities: 35 number of INTEL Core I3 Processor-6100 CPU@ 3.75GHZ, 4GB RAM, 500 GB HDD systems with 18" color monitor, MATLABR2015a licensed software with signal processing, filter design tool box.
- Verification of Weiner-Khinchine Relations and Sampling Theorem.
Analog Communication Lab
This laboratory provides a platform to the students to understand the basics of analog communication systems, modulation techniques, data transmission, multiplexing.
Facilities: (0-500) MHz Spectrum Analyzer(1No), (0-25)MHz Cathode Ray Oscilloscope (10 No’s), (0-300)MHz Radio Frequency Signal Generator(1 No), (0-1)MHz Function Generator(10 No’s), (0-30)V DC Regulated Power Supply(2 No’s), Digital Multimeters(10 No’s), Amplitude Modulation & Demodulation kits(2 No’s), Frequency Modulation & Demodulation kits( 2No’s), Single Side Band & Suppressed Carrier kits(2No’s), Double Side Band & Supressed Carrier kits(2No’s), Pre Emphasis De Emphasis kits(2No’s), Time Division Modulationkits(2No’s), Sampling
Theoremkits(2No’s), Frequency Division Multiplexingkits(2No’s), Pulse Amplitude Modulationkits (2No’s), Pulse Width Modulation kits(2No’s), Pulse Position Modulationkits(2No’s), Synchronous Detectorkits(2No’s), Automatic Gain Control kits(2No’s), Frequency Synthesizer kits(2No’s), phase-locked loop Kits(2 No’s), Mixer Kits(2 No’s), circuit components like resistors, capacitors. 30 number of INTEL Dual Core I3 systems with 18" colour monitor, MATLAB R2015a licensed software
Analog Electronics and Pulse & Digital Circuits Lab
In this lab, the students are emphasized to design and analyse the electronic circuits as well as pulse digital circuits and are supposed to co-relate it theoretically. The students learn to obtain different parameters in the circuits.
Facilities: (0-30)V Dual DC regulated power supply(8No’s), (0-20)MHz Cathode Ray Oscilloscope(10No’s), (0-1)MHz Function Generator(10No’s), Digital Multimeters (10No’s),Bread Boards (10), Circuit Components - Diodes, BJT,FET, UJT, Resistors, Inductors, and Capacitors.
Microwave Engineering & Digital Communication Lab
The laboratory is designed to get the exposure to various microwave components, microwave benches in this lab. This laboratory helps the students understand the basics of Microwave engineering and gives a detailed description of the working principle of microwave components.
Facilities: Klystron Based Microwave Bench Setup(5 No’s), Gun-diode Based Microwave Bench Setup(1 No’s), Voltage Standing Wave(1 No’s), Slotted Line(6 No’s), Magic Tee(1 No’s), Circulator(3 No’s), Directional Coupler(2 No’s), Variable Attenuator(1 No’s), Matched Terminator(4 No’s), Isolator(3 No’s), Frequency Meter(1 No’s), Klystron Power Supply(4 No’s), Klystron Tube(4 No’s), Detector Mount(7 No’s), Wave Guide Stands(25 No’s), Movable Shot(4 No’s), Micro Ammeter
(1). Pulse Code Modulation kits (2 No’s), Phase Shift Keying kits (2 No’s), Frequency Shift Keying kits (2 No’s), D-Phase Shift Keying kits (2 No’s), D-Pulse Code Modulation kits (2 No’s), Delta Modulation kits (2No’s), Amplitude Shift Keying kits (2 No’s), Q-Phase Shift Keying kits (1 No), Pulse Amplitude Modulation kits (2 No’s), Digital Time Division multiplexing Modulator Kits(1 No’s), Quadrature Amplitude Modulation kits(1 No’s), (0-20)MHz Cathode Ray Oscilloscope(6 No’s), (0-30v) DC Regulated Power Supply(4 No’s),
Basic Electrical and Electronics Engineering Lab
In this lab, students get familiarized with the circuit and network analysis using basic components like RLCs. Students come to know to calculate voltage and current in basic circuits. They also verify Kirchhoff’slaws, Superposition theorem, Thevenin’s Theorem, and maximum power transfer Theorem in this course.
Facilities: (0-30)V DC Regulated Power Supply (8No’s), (0-20)MHz Cathode Ray Oscilloscope (5No’s), Digital Voltmeter(20No’s), Digital Ammeter(20No’s), Digital Multimeters (5No’s), Semiconductor Trainer Kits(10No’s), Single Phase Auto Transformer(02No’s), Three Phase Auto Transformer(1No), DC Shunt Motor With Break(1No), Low Power Factor Wattmeter(2No’s), Circuit Components for implementing Diodes, Transistors based circuits.
Integrated Circuit Applications & HDL Simulation Lab
This lab aims at teaching the students about Linear Integrated Circuit design using 555 Timer, phase-locked loop and implementing those circuits in real time applications.
Facilities: (0-30)V Dual DC Regulated Power Supply (5No’s), (0-1)MHz Function Generator (18No’s), (0-25)MHz Cathode Ray Oscilloscope (16No’s), Digital Multimeters(8No’s), Digital Integrated Circuit Trainer with built-in clock generator (10No’s), Digital Integrated Circuit Tester (1No’s), 555 Timer based Monostable and Astable Multivibrator Kits (12No’s), Schmitt Trigger Kits (12No’s), Phase-Locked LoopKits (3No’s), IC723Voltage Regulator (9No’s), Wave Form Generator (9No’s), Active Filters (9No’s), Integrator and Differentiator (8No’s), IC Components (50No’s) Like 741,555,565,723,7912,7809,7805.
Computer Organization Lab
This lab drives the students to emphasize on Nanoelectronics. This lab also develops keen interest in digital circuit designing. Prior to this designing part, students are supposed to analyse the digital logic families and design various circuits & systems by using these logic families.
Facilities: Digital IC Trainer with built-in clock generator and I/O ports (18 No’s), 30-40 varieties of 74 series TTL Integrated Circuits Components like IC 7483, 7485, 74180, 7411, 7476, 7400, 7402, 7404, 7406, IC 7408, 7432, 7486
Electronics Devices and Circuit Lab
This lab mainly focuses on semiconductor device physics. The students get familiarized with the analysis and design of circuits by using semiconductor devices like diodes, transistors, FETs, SCRs, and UJTs.
Facilities: (0-30)V Dual DC Regulated Power Supply(08 No’s), (0-30) MHz Cathode Ray Oscilloscope(8 No’s), (0-1)MHz Function Generator(8 No’s), Digital Voltmeter(20 No’s), Digital milli-Ammeters(20 No’s), Digital micro-Ammeters(20 No’s), Digital Multimeters (12 No’s), Decade Resistance Box(15No’s), Semiconductor Trainer Kits With On Board Transformer (10 No’s), Circuit components for implementing Diodes(100 No’s), Transistors(100 No’s), FET (50 No’s), SCR(50 No’s) and UJT(50 No’s)based circuits.
1) One day workshop titled “Digital Design Through Arduino” organized by IIT Hyderabad Teaching Learning Centre on 11th April 2017 at MNR College of Engineering & Technology.
2) One day workshop titled “Autonomous Robotics” organized by MNRCET on 17th November 2016 in consultation with IIT Mumbai and IIT Mandi.